Friday 25 October 2013

Seven Deadly Sins Research 4

Deadly Sins

Art: Deadly Sins by Artist Valerie Meijer

The Seven Deadly Sins stem from the same beast. Pride wrapped in his own world of self admiration, Greed has his one track mind on owning what he can while Envy eyeballs his goods. Wrath is completely consumed in fiery blindness while Lust, Gluttony and Sloth live like parasites and feed upon this beastly serpent.

This is a great approach to portraying the seven sins and works as a continuous piece. Although my photo montaged seven sins pieces must be illustrated as individual outcomes, the work of  Valerie Meijer made me think that each outcome could eventually come together as a series of images to present one final illustration. Meijer's image is created through oil on paper which is another material I would consider including in my final pieces to add texture to my work.

No comments:

Post a Comment