Sunday 2 February 2014

Metamorphosis Research 6

Lifelike Paintings

A model is turned into a human swan in this incredible piece of body art work

Half-man, half-tiger: With meticulous attention to detail, a tiger painting merges into the model's natural form

Most people would jump out of their skin if they had an iguana on them but, luckily for this woman, it's just a painting, albeit incredibly lifelike

German Gesine Marwedel has attracted a cult following in her native country with work like this

These images gave me the idea of use face/body paint as a new method of creating work. It would be time consuming, and would require a lot of planning and then photography, to create my own body painted versions of my chosen metamorphosis animal. And with only a week to research and develop my ideas and then finally begin the process, I thought it might be easier to just focus on the face rather than body.

No comments:

Post a Comment