Thursday 27 February 2014

Artists Books Research 8

BIC Pen Drawings





Spanish artist Juan Francisco Casas, who’s probably 33 at the time of writing this, uses up to four 14p ballpoint pens to create his stunningly photorealistic drawings, measuring up to 10ft (3 meters) high.
The use of pen balls makes his drawings even more peculiar, which certainly has played a big role in his way to success.
Juan’s source of inspiration comes from his own photographs of nights out with his friends, and his works are already a sell-out at exhibitions. You can only imagine how wild his parties is, as half of his drawings include girls that forgot to put on their clothes.
I'm a great fan of Juan's work. His drawings present so much skill and accuracy. I intend to draw my portraits just as perfectly and accurately, also I will be using a ball point pen too, similar to Juan, to draw on my colourful plastic sheets. I will be concentrating on showing a lot of detail and shading to make my drawings look realistic.

No comments:

Post a Comment