Thursday 27 February 2014

Artists Books Research 4

Pop Art






Warhol’s portrait of Michael Jackson will be an influence in my work as I'd like my portrait to be bright and colourful with the use of bold block colours along with fine details like Warhol's work. Like his portrait of Michael, I don't intend to have my  pieces  heavily shaded to look entirely realistic but I plan to have a  more simplistic and almost cartoon like approach. When drawing faces, I have always had the habit but also the intention of only drawing the shape of the head, the main facial features, hair and the creases and folds in clothing with slight shading to make it appear more related and real, which is similar to Andy Warhol's technique. I have always preferred to draw a portrait that is from a medium close up rather than used a close up of the face; this is because I feel like an image of the face only presents a floating head, making it seem illusory. Andy Warhol has based his work on people who are successful, famous and inspire him, I intend to use images of people for my portraits who I feel are successful and inspiration to me.


I also intend to use the style in which Warhol has used himself as a subject for his work as inspiration for my own work. My work will be mainly based around me and people who have great meaning in my life. Warhol’s piece shows a detailed print of his expression which was influenced by the events in his lifestyle. In comparison to Warhol’s work, the faces that I plan to use will mainly have a content and cheerful expression which gives an optimistic approach to my work. Warhol has mainly used soft and subtle colours in comparison to his portrait of Michael Jackson.

No comments:

Post a Comment